Prenatal Doula Support Package
~ Investment: $300 ~
The Prenatal Doula Support Package is for families who opt not to have traditional doula support during their birth. Some of those families have a loving relative or friend who will be providing labor support, and others choose to keep their circle a little smaller as they give welcome their baby earth-side. Working with an AthensBorn doula prenatally means that those families have access to our experience, our knowledge, and our extensive list of local resources for all things pregnancy, birth, postpartum, and parenting-related. Our wish is for families to feel prepared going into their birth experience so that they can come out of it feeling empowered.
These services include...
- 1 virtual meeting where we get to know each other and begin to identify your birth wishes
- Unlimited phone/email support throughout pregnancy
- 2 in-person meetings. There is a lot to cover as families prepare to meet their baby, and here are some of the topics covered at these meetings:
- Making sure families are aware of what their options and choices are for their birth and helping them write out a birth plan if they'd like
- Supplying evidence-based information (when available!) about those options
- Helping families identify what is most important to them about their birth, from ‘physical’ details (such as whether their little one is born vaginally or via cesarean) to how they’d like to be treated by medical providers
- Identifying which birth plan items are subject to hospital policy or provider policy, and how families can navigate those things
- What you might expect at prenatal appointments with healthcare providers
- Specific topics related to birth and the impact those things may have, including things like cervical checks, estimated due dates, fetal monitoring, induction, IVs, pain management medication options, and how to do early labor at home.
- If the plan changes… for example, if induction is something that comes up in those final weeks of pregnancy, or if it looks like families will be scheduling a cesarean birth, we’ll schedule a phone or virtual meeting to chat through all that.
- We also help families start planning out their early postpartum days/weeks, from basic baby-feeding information to how to get the support they need after arriving at home.
- Access to the AthensBorn community, including virtual and in-person group support
- Options to register for additional services, if desired (placenta encapsulation, lactation classes)
Labor Doula Support Options
If families decide they'd like to have a professional doula at their birth, we have a couple of options.
- Option 1 - If the doula they've been working with prenatally has availability for their estimated due date, families can upgrade to our full Labor Doula Package. The cost of the Prenatal Doula Support Package will go towards their labor doula package.
- Option 2 - If the prenatal doula doesn't have availability to be on call, families can consider our Last-Minute Doula Support option. Families only pay if a doula is available the day they go into labor.